Monday, April 14, 2008

What's going on?


Time to get up-to-date: I have been given 60 days to vacate #60, which came as a bit of a shock.

I started to read ‘A Thousand Splendid Suns’ but put it down as it was too dreary when I was worried about the move. Moved on to ‘You gotta have balls’ by Lily Brett, read a couple of chapters & then put that down. Feeling depressed as there was nothing much in the way of rental properties in Yanchep, not at a price I could afford! Then on Monday when I had some good news (I am able to rent a place just up the road) I was able to get on & read 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' It was a rather tough read all set in Afghanistan. Finished that on Friday & back into ‘balls’ which I found very amusing, love the Jewish humor! Will have to see about getting hold of more of Bretts books.

I am now reading ‘The Secret’ by Elizabeth Gill (not very well written). On Saturday I went to the Joondalup Festival & bought a hard cover copy of ‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ by C.S.Lewis. It cost $20 & I am really looking forward to reading it.

For the last few days I have been sorting out ‘STUFF”, have to throw, sell or give away some. I move in a couple of weeks so there is still time. Most of the postcards are down & put away in my bank of drawers. Getting help tomorrow with potting up some of the plants I put in some weeks ago. Most of my postcards are now off the wall. Ebony getting a bit worried.


No comments: