Sunday, August 23, 2009

Talking ‘bout BOOKS & Music


What can I say about ‘A Piece of Cake’? I realize she had a very disastrous childhood but she went into so much detail of all the drugs, drink, gangbanging etc that happened & then skipped through how she overcame it all. I got fed up with the swear words & really don’t know how she came out of all that without a fried brain, let alone write a book & become a lawyer.
I have just started ‘Lillians Story’ by Kate Grenville. Also waiting to be read is Forbidden Places by Penny Vincenzi, ‘The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger & Falling Angels by Tracy Chevalier.
Music this week is The Ukulele Orchestra of GB go listen to Wuthering Heights

and You Don’t Bring Me Flowers

and this
UOGB

Before you go just read – I mean really read this

1 comment:

Poopsie aka Blue said...

'The Time Travellers Wife' paperback has been sitting on my bookself for ages.
But, I have read & very much enjoyed 'Falling Angels'.

Checked out the music - never heard of the Ukulele Orchestra of GB but they are certainly entertaining - particularly enjoyed 'You Dont Bring me Flowers Anymore'