Sunday, August 30, 2009

Talking ‘bout BOOKS

‘Lillians Story’ by Kate Grenville was interesting, the first two chapters all about her growing up with the despicable father in ‘Dark Places’. I much preferred the last chapter where she was roaming the streets of Sydney.
I’m loving ‘Falling Angels’ by Tracy Chevalier, (she wrote ‘Girl with a Pearl Earring’ which I haven’t read). Subject is set in England in 1901 – 1910 each chapter has the characters telling the story. Trouble is when it’s a book that is good I can’t put it down & seem to read it very quickly – hope I don’t get indigestion!

My latest buy (from ebay) is ‘The book of Mah Jong’ by Amy Lo. Just right for our next game.


Click Here for a blog that I find very interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've got Falling Angels in my bookcase waiting to be read. Must get to it soon - sounds good.